The key resource for interpreting and implementing the EYLF, and is of value to anyone involved with early childhood education.
This revised edition incorporates updated information about the National Quality Agenda for Early Childhood Education and Care, including the newly established Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority, and the most recent National Quality Standard. Minor changes have been made to other sections of the book to more closely reflect the language of the EYLF and the NQS.
Central to the book are the five chapters that provide practical advice and strategies for supporting each of the learning outcomes. As well, it includes:
- an overview of the principles and practice and pedagogy underlying the EYLF
- advice on implementing the outcomes with different age groups
- guidelines on learning environments, observation, evaluation, planning, play and transitions
- questions to encourage reflective practice
- a comprehensive list of useful resources